I can hardly imagine a low carb cheesecake as a bad idea. It fits perfectly for every occasion I can only think of – lonely evening sessions in front of the TV, having breakfast with friends, sharing it with neighbors, or you can even take it with you to visit your parents (if there is still something left after the TV-sofa sessions). I mean it’s just perfect. And if you are a wild animal at night (like me), finding this juicy masterpiece will definitely calm your preditor down. I know what I am talking about.
So here it comes – totally easy, and so promising – the perfect recipe I found in one of those books you buy and never open.
For 1 cake (12 pieces)
Nutritional values (per piece): Kilocalories: 204 Kcal, Protein: 13.7g, Fat: 10.8g, Carbohydrates: 11.5g
For the ground:
60g ground almonds
80g cream cheese (low fat)
20g xylitol (Xucker)
20g protein polv vanilla
1/2 pck. baking powder
Some coconut oil for the form ( I always bake with coconut oil, it smells totally gorgeous)
For the filling:
400g of cherries
500g low-fat quark
2 tbsp. Custard powder
150g cream cheese (low fat)
30g xylitol (Xucker)
1. Preheat the oven to 150 ° C top/bottom heat.
2. Put the ground almonds with the cream cheese, xylitol, protein powder and baking powder in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer.
3. Add the butter (room temperature) and the egg and mix again or knead. Put the dough in a greased baking dish and press flat. He should not be higher than 5 mm.
4. For the filling, first, wash the cherries and dry dry with kitchen paper, halve and core. ( I found the lazy way – I usually buy canned cherries in jars and already pitted, but well you can also use any cherries you want, important is only how much can you eat)
5. Put the quark with the custard powder and the eggs in a bowl and mix. Then add the cream cheese, butter (room temperature) and xylitol and mix well again.
6. Put the mass on the ground dough and spread the cherries on it.
7. Now bake the cake in the oven for 60 minutes. Then take it out to cool and serve.
I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!